ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Using Video as a layer map getting stretched out

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank Raposo
Using Video as a layer map getting stretched out
on May 21, 2008 at 4:40:10 pm

I'm trying to replicate a look by Jason Hirsch in the Zaxwerks Movie Gallery on Zaxwerk's website. I'm trying to get video into the outside edges of my logo. I know how to apply different materials to different parts of my logo using the Material Setup, but when I try to create a new material and use video as the texture map and apply it to the edge of my logo, it gets stretched out. In Jason Hirsch's User Reel, he flies his camera into the Colorado and Company logo and video appears on the edges. How do I set up my video so that it fits nicely into the edges of my material without getting stretched out? I know how to set up graphics- cropping it to fit a shape- but what about video? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm using ProAnimator 4.3.2.

quinnmcguee

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Using Video as a layer map getting stretched out
on May 22, 2008 at 12:26:59 am

Hi quinnmcguee,

I don't recall that specific example, but I would suggest putting the video layer into a precomp that is in the aspect ratio of the edge you're trying to map. Make the precomp small enough so it essentially crops the video image. You may need to add more than one video layer and orient them next to eachother to get the correct portion of the video to appear on the appropriate edge.

The basic rule is the edge starts from the lowest, leftest corner and wraps all the way around the object.

If the aspect ratio is correct, you'll get no distortion.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]