ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

super slow render times... 5++ hours for 30s!

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Geersensuper slow render times... 5++ hours for 30s!
by on May 4, 2008 at 1:12:01 pm

hi guys,
i've been using invigorator on and off at several jobs over the past 6 months. one of the things that frustrates me is the extremely slow render times. are there any tricks to speeding it up?

i've tried using it on a quad g5, a dual xeon 2.5 pc, and a new macbook pro, and it's slow on everything. even with defaults for motion blur and sampling, using illustrator paths to create a simple word with depth, a hint of bevel, and a simple white colour. i like to use it this way to add production value to my text.

but to have three or four words animate at some point within a 30s tvc (they are not even on screen for the whole 30s) the render blows out to 5-7hrs with moblur on.
even with moblur off i am looking at 3 hours. i can't get my job done in time!

is there something i'm missing? how can i get it to render faster? at the moment i'm rendering with moblur off and adding blur with reelsmart, as it's twice as fast to do it that way than to render invig with blur on. :(

hopeful,
scott.

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: super slow render times... 5++ hours for 30s!
by on May 5, 2008 at 2:03:42 am

Hi Scott,

A couple of thoughts - first, you're right that motion blur does slow down rendering. Shadows can too. If you hadn't suggested reelsmart motion blur, I would have.

Second, have you tried OpenGL? Depending on your hardware and your project, it may be a lot faster than conventional rendering.

I just did a really quick test render of some animated text on my old G4 Powerbook. I get about 3 seconds per frame (no motion blur, no shadows). What kind of render time-per-frame do you get?

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]