ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

What's the difference?

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John StanowskiWhat's the difference?
by on May 3, 2008 at 3:22:08 am

I'm a light user of ProAnimator but I'm interested in some tutorials that involve, in part, using Invigorator (which I don't have.) Could someone possibly tell what the difference is between ProAnimator and Invigorator? The Zaxwerks site doesn't really help. Can PA do anything Invigorator can? Is it the opposite?

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: What's the difference?
by on May 4, 2008 at 2:20:36 pm

John,

The biggest difference is how each app allows you to control the motion of the objects in your scene. Invigorator is keyframe based and has limits on the number of object containers called sets, which can be an issue if you're trying to move lots of objects on an individual basis.

ProAnimator is much more powerful in how it allows you to create complex movement of large numbers of objects. Because it does not use keyframes, gives immediate feedback on the changes you make, and most of the hard stuff is hidden "under the hood," lots of people find that ProAnimator encourages experimentation in a way Invigorator does not. One other huge difference - ProAnimator can be used as a stand-alone. Invigorator cannot.

On the other hand, Invigorator does give you very direct and precise control of the object containers called sets. For certain kinds of animation, this can be an advantage.

Both tools share modeling and texturing features.

If you wish, ask a more specific question and we'll try to help.

Jon

Return to posts index

John StanowskiRe: What's the difference?
by on May 6, 2008 at 3:46:32 am

thanks! that's just what I needed to know. I wanted to get "Making it Look Great 2" but part of it involves Invigorator which I don't have, but now I know I can do a workaround with ProAnimator. thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]