ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Layer Maps

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Dubov
Layer Maps
on Apr 30, 2008 at 8:44:00 pm

I have tried and tried to use the feature in Invigorator where you can add a layer map to the AI object and I have read everything I can find and I have done everything I know to make it work but it won't. Can someone please explain to me in detailed steps how I do this?

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Layer Maps
on May 1, 2008 at 12:21:35 am

Hi Alan,

Doing this from memory, the quick steps are:

1. decide which layer or precomp you wish to make a layermap. you can hide the layer in the timeline.

2. In the effects control panel, look for the layermap twirlie. choose the AE layer you want and remember the layermap number to which you've assigned it.

Now, back to the material editor. Create a new material or modify an existing material.

Look next to the top thumbnail in the editor. You'll see a little check box and a pop-up box. In the pop-up box, choose the layermap number you selected earlier.

Now apply that material to the object of your choice.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

Alan Dubov
on May 1, 2008 at 4:21:04 am

Jon
Thanks for the reply, but it still didn't work. Maybe I need pictures of a step by step illustriation or something. I have really been kind of mystified as to why this doesn't seem to work for me.

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on May 3, 2008 at 1:23:59 am

Alan,

I may be able to figure it out if you send me your AE project file. jokerstrom1 (at) mac.com

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]