ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Compositing an invigorator object into an AE scene

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
w. jon smith
Compositing an invigorator object into an AE scene
on Apr 1, 2008 at 7:11:41 pm

Ive seen similar post but can't seem to find a definitive answer. Can you place an invigorator object into your scene at a specific point and a specific rotation etc.

Basically I have a scene that I want to composite some 3D type into. I have a plane as a proxy that is in the right location. Problem is the coordinates within invigorator don't match the ones within AE. I'm having trouble getting everything to line up by sight. Once the camera starts moving its always a little off. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

John Dickinson
Re: Compositing an invigorator object into an AE scene
on Apr 1, 2008 at 8:18:04 pm

Try 3D Object Tracking. You'll find 2 tutorials here: http://www.motionworks.com.au/tutorials/tutorials_01.htm and keep any eye out for Making It Look Great 2 and 3 which both show in detail how to use this feature as part of a greater AE project.

JD

John Dickinson
Motionworks

Making it Look Great 1
Design and Production Techniques for
Adobe After Effects and Zaxwerks ProAnimator
Available Now

Return to posts index

w. jon smith
on Apr 2, 2008 at 1:42:12 am

Awesome, what a great link. Looks like that'll take care of my problems. thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

Darrell Martin
on Apr 21, 2008 at 6:43:26 pm

To the best of my understanding, both your composition and your Zax object need to be centred first. Therefore, your plane needs to be exactly midpoint vertically in the composition, and your object sitting in the crosshairs within Zax. From there you can plot a point that is off-centre with reasonable results. It worked just fine for me this weekend. I plotted 25 sets of table and chairs onto a conference room floor, then took 4 different POVs.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]