ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

putting a logo onto a 3d object

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Susan Cox
putting a logo onto a 3d object
on Mar 30, 2008 at 6:17:28 pm

Hi,

I'm sure there is a simple answer to this, but here goes. I imported a 3d object into invigirator, a construction hat, and it looks great. All I want to do is apply a logo to the front of the hat. How do I do this? I've tried the material editor but it doesn't seem to work correctly so I've been trying to use the layer mapping instead but I'm not sure how it works and I can't seem to find documentation on it.

Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: putting a logo onto a 3d object
on Mar 31, 2008 at 12:32:10 am

Hi Susan,

The mapping options for imported objects are limited to UV mapping. Whether you can get UV mapping to work depends on whether the model was created with UV coordinates for applying textures. Lightwave V7 format and the .obj format are two that do work.

Jon

Return to posts index

Serge Hamad
on Apr 1, 2008 at 4:43:53 am

Jon, You are absolutely right. The UV mapping was poor in this case. I remapped the object and things seams to work fine for Susan now.

All the best;-)

Serge

Invigorator/Proanimator Training: http://library.creativecow.net/articles/hamad_serge/invig_training.php

Return to posts index

Russ Sauers
on Apr 30, 2008 at 11:22:25 am

Is there a tutorial regarding the use of UV mapping in Lightwave for use with Proanimator? I'm having the same issue with Texture maps. Thanks, Russ

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]