ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

parent-child

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kurt murphy
parent-child
on Mar 14, 2008 at 8:27:52 pm

Is there a way to get the wheels to rotate on a vehicle and to ALSO be able to move that vehicle (but not WITH the camera?) I'd like to keep the whole vehicle as a set, but to also have control over the rotation of the wheels.... I don't think that you can....

thanks,

kurt murphy

Return to posts index

Serge Hamad
Re: parent-child
on Mar 15, 2008 at 7:16:47 am

Hi Kurt,

You are right; You can't.

What could work (Depending on your anim) would be to leave your vehicle in one set then assign each wheel to a different one.

To have the wheels follow the position of your vehicle you would need to parent the position parameters of each wheel to the vehicle's position parameters. Use the pick wipe to create the expressions. You would then only need to animate the rotation axis of your wheels.

Now another way would be to create layer maps for your wheels and rotate the maps instead of the wheels. This would allow you to keep everything in one set. You don't necessarily need to map the real 3D wheels, you could maybe just attach circular objects to them and texture map the circles. Motion blur would in this case be your best friend;-)

I hope this may help. If not, give us more details on your animation or send me the project if you like.

Salut,
Serge

Invigorator/Proanimator Training: http://library.creativecow.net/articles/hamad_serge/invig_training.php

Return to posts index

kurt murphy
on Mar 17, 2008 at 12:08:21 am

<>

Wow, what a great idea. Once again, you've solved the problem (you're a genius, Serge). I had done the layer map route but didn't like the 2D feel...

thanks again!

kurt

Return to posts index

Serge Hamad
on Mar 17, 2008 at 1:03:29 am

Glad to hear it worked out for you!

Kurt, could you please shoot me an e-mail? I got something for ya. (serge at nyc-visual dot com)

Salut,
Serge

Invigorator/Proanimator Training: http://library.creativecow.net/articles/hamad_serge/invig_training.php

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]