ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Making Text Hop

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Donovan WertsMaking Text Hop
by on Mar 11, 2008 at 4:22:25 pm

Hi, I'm not understanding how to make the text "hop" with the offset setting in ProAnimator. I get how to make the text move on the x,y, or z axis in one direction using pose actions, but I don't see how to make a character or word hop in one direction and then go right back into place. I do understand how to group by word, character, etc. Thanks in advance, Donovan

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: Making Text Hop
by on Mar 12, 2008 at 4:10:27 am

Hi Donovan,

Why not create the starting pose and a second pose where the text is in the forward position. Then duplicate the first pose and slide it to the end of the line to make it the ending pose. Use the arch controls to make the "hop forward" between the pose 1 and 2 and the "hop backward" between poses 3 and 4. You can change the duration of the middle pose to determine how long the text stays put before it hops back into position.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

Donovan WertsRe: Making Text Hop
by on Mar 14, 2008 at 5:15:23 pm

Hi Jon, There is a object animation in ProAnimator that somehow does it all in one transition. The text has a cascade grouped by characters, and the path action is simply offset Z 215. I understand why this would make the text move forward 215, but don't understand why it would go back in place. There are a couple object animations with the word "Hop" in them and the "hop" does what I wanted. I'm just curious about why it comes back into place :)

I can use these settings and modify. Thanks for your reply, Donovan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]