ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

mirrored reflections

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kurt murphy
mirrored reflections
on Mar 6, 2008 at 10:15:51 pm

Is there a way to achieve a true mirrored reflection of an environment with Invigorator? I have the reflection setting at 100, but I'm getting a blurred reflection of my environment on the flat front of my image. I checked some settings, but I didn't see anything on it.

I can put the environment on the face of the image, but it just pastes it on and won't react correctly as the 3D odject turns. I was thinking of distorting and Offsetting it as the 3D object spun, but was hoping there was an easier way.

Can you achieve a high polished mirror reflection in Invig?

thanks,

kurt murphy

Return to posts index

Serge Hamad
Re: mirrored reflections
on Mar 8, 2008 at 12:16:42 am

Hi Kurt! Nice to see you around!

There are two things you must consider when working with reflection maps:

-To avoid the blurred look your object should have a very dark color. Black works best.

-To have more control on what is reflected on an object best is to use a comp as a layer map, add your environment to this comp and scale it way down until you see a clear reproduction of your map on your 3D object.

Does this help or did I misunderstood something?

Salut,
Serge

Invigorator/Proanimator Training: http://library.creativecow.net/articles/hamad_serge/invig_training.php

Return to posts index

kurt murphy
Re: mirrored reflections
on Mar 8, 2008 at 1:52:15 am

Serge,

<>

Nope, you got exactly what I meant and once again helped me out completely. I really didn't see a way to do it and posted it on a whim. Serge, you're a treasure.

thank you,

kurt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]