ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

3D Warp

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad Courtney
3D Warp
on Mar 5, 2008 at 8:00:36 pm

I just purchased 3D Warps a few hours ago and I'm trying to incorporate it into a map animation I'm doing. I have a comp with labels in it and I'd like to combine that nested 3d layer with a background layer that has actual topography. I have everything working except despite the fact the two layers are the same size and I'm using a basic comp camera I can't get the 3D Warp layer to line up with the 3D layer in the same comp without a lot of manual effort. Is there some sort of known offset or scaling difference between the 3D Warps world and AE's built in world?

I've tried it using several of the same test images, one with 3D Warp applied and one just promoted to 3D and there doesn't seem to be a way to get them to lock up. "Track 3D layer" seems to make the registration even worse.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Brad Courtney
Re: 3D Warp
on Mar 6, 2008 at 10:42:51 am

Ok, kind of figured it out by using the built in camera on one layer and lining it up with the AE camera looking at the same image on another 3d layer. Playing with it it looked like the lenses were different on the same "50mm" camera and sure enough they were. For an AE 50mm camera the built in value is around 41.5mm. Not sure if I can parent one to the other to animate but at least I have my plates lined up as a still.

I'm in AE CS3, anybody else seeing similar weirdness?

Thanks,

B

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]