ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

chrome ball

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mario Contreras
chrome ball
on Feb 23, 2008 at 7:32:03 am

Hello all,

I'm confusing myself just trying to find a way to ask this so let me explain what I did first before I ask my question. I want to create a chrome pinball in Invigorator but I also want it to reflect the area surrounding it. In order to reflect the environment I rendered a quicktime of the camera moving around the environment and then I just wrapped it around the ball as a material color. It's a believable reflection but the colors are too bright. Is it possible to combine material colors on one Invigorator object? (In this case, the quicktime movie and a chrome material color) If not, does anyone have any suggestions on how to make my quicktime movie look a bit more chrome? Finally, if there are no solutions, does anyone recommend an easier way to make this pinball? Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: chrome ball
on Feb 23, 2008 at 1:40:17 pm

Mario,

Use the default chrome material and assign your movie to the reflection channel, rather than the normal material color channel. You can then use the reflectivity slider to back off from the full-intensity colors.

Jon

Return to posts index

Mario Contreras
Re: chrome ball
on Feb 23, 2008 at 7:43:09 pm

Thanks Jon, this helped a great deal.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]