ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Invigorator is CONFUSING me!!

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ari Grunzeweig
Invigorator is CONFUSING me!!
on Feb 5, 2008 at 11:18:20 pm

Hi,

I'm working on my first animation in AE using 3d invig. I'm confused. Firstly, is this creating actual 3d? When I orbit my camera, the 'invigorated' objects all seem flat. Secondly, should my layers on my timeline be 2d or 3d layers? Of course 3d would make the most sense, so i can animate in 3d space, however i'm not sure.

Thank for the help!

Return to posts index

Topher Welsh
Re: Invigorator is CONFUSING me!!
on Feb 5, 2008 at 11:57:22 pm

[Ari Grunzeweig] "Firstly, is this creating actual 3d? When I orbit my camera, the 'invigorated' objects all seem flat." Yes, yes it is true 3D... there is 2 ways to work with the camera... the first is to make sure you check "use comp camera" and then make a new camera in your timeline, and then you can use the camera in AE. The second way is to just animate the parameters in the Invogorator layer's effects panel.

It is wierd how if you have the 3D switch checked it makes it flat if you rotate, but just remember you should never check the Invigorator layers switch to 3D because it is already acting 3D inside itself (does that make sense?)

[Ari Grunzeweig] "Secondly, should my layers on my timeline be 2d or 3d layers?"If you want to animate other layers along with the Invigorator layer in 3D space, make sure you have "use comp camera" checked in the Invigorator's effects panel, and all the other layers should be 3D, but the Invigorator layer will be not checked 3D, but it will still act 3D.

I hope this helps... and for other Invigorator training, check out John Dickinsons free tutorials at http://www.motionworks.com.au

Topher Welsh
Head Editor & Motion Graphics
http://www.scout.com

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Feb 6, 2008 at 1:45:41 am

Adding to what Topher said,

The key is to remember that Invigorator's 3D space is NOT the same 3D space created within After Effects. When you check "use comp camera," you're essentially linking what the Comp Camera does in the AE 3D world with the camera that's in Invigorator's 3D world. The illusion that the stuff on your AE 3D layer is in the same space where the Invigorator stuff is located, works most of the time.

You should normally leave the AE layer to which you've applied Invigorator as a 2D layer for the reason stated above.

Jon

Return to posts index

Ari Grunzeweig
on Feb 6, 2008 at 3:57:08 am

Ã…llright... the tips were awesome! I think I'm starting to get the hang of it.. (I hope)

Thanks again

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]