ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Jumpy Text Movement in Pro Animator

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Westbury
Jumpy Text Movement in Pro Animator
on Feb 5, 2008 at 8:31:23 pm

I have been trying to learn Pro Animator and purchased the Making it Great video to help. This is a great video, even though I don't own After Effects.

I duplicated the 3D Text Logo from Chapter 4, but when the Camera zooms in on the text, it has a very jumpy movement, not smooth like you see on TV.

I have tried playing with the motion blur, antialiasing, etc., and just can't make it zoom smoothly. It is very stacatto looking, on my PC and on TV.

I am using PA as a standalone app, rendering to .mov as an animation, and importing into Sony Vegas.

What am I missing?

Return to posts index

Matt Rhodes
Re: Jumpy Text Movement in Pro Animator
on Feb 5, 2008 at 10:56:42 pm

Hi Bill.

Can you send me your project file? I'd be happy to take a look.

Send files to: matt@zaxwerks.com

Thanks.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

Bill Westbury
on Apr 1, 2008 at 12:31:43 am

I give up. I've spent a hundred hours trying every setting the software has, and cannot get rid of the text crawl effect when zooming in on 3D text. Create any text, apply any style to it, and apply a Camera Animation, such as Push In Above, and render it out. The object has a horrible crawl/creep effect both in the rendered .mov and after I import into Vegas and render out to DVD and play it on the TV. The slower you zoom, the worse it is.

Am I the only one who has this problem? I use it standalone and import the .mov into Sony Vegas Pro 8. Maybe it only works correctly if you have After Effects?

Return to posts index

Serge Hamad
on Apr 1, 2008 at 4:39:00 am

Hi,

Can you post a visual?

What is your alpha interpretation when importing the clip into Vegas? (Try Straight-Unmated)

Are you using style presets that include reflection maps?

Salut,
Serge

Invigorator/Proanimator Training: http://library.creativecow.net/articles/hamad_serge/invig_training.php

Return to posts index

Bill Westbury
on Apr 2, 2008 at 12:03:39 am

Serge,

The resulting .mov from the ProAnimator render has the text crawl even before importing into Vegas, so I don't think it's anything I can correct in Vegas.

Return to posts index

Serge Hamad
on Apr 2, 2008 at 2:29:07 am

Could you show us at least a small part of your clip?
It is not easy for us to determine the cause of your problem without seeing your clip.

Try this for now:
Open your movie in QT then go to Window>Show Movie Properties
Highlight the video track, click on the Visual Settings tab.
In the Transparency menu select "Straight Alpha".

Play your movie now and let us know if things got better or not.
What is your frame rate?

Salut,
Serge

Invigorator/Proanimator Training: http://library.creativecow.net/articles/hamad_serge/invig_training.php

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]