ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Object Pivot Point (Master Series tutorial question for Serge)

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank RaposoObject Pivot Point (Master Series tutorial question for Serge)
by on Jan 30, 2008 at 9:11:38 pm

I'm doing the Zax Invigorator Training Master Series and am running into a problem with object pivot points. I'm doing the first tutorial (EAGLE). On the tutorial, objects are placed in sets to animate the wings but with my version I don't see any sets (I'm using Pro Animator 4.3.2). So I'm putting each wing into its own track. Just like the tutorial I created a sphere, placed it into a new track and them moved a wing into that track thinking it would rotate according to the sphere's pivot point since it was the first object in that track. But it doesn't. It's still rotating around the wings pivot point and not the sphere. Where am I going wrong with this?

Thanks in advance

quinnmcguee

Return to posts index

Serge HamadRe: Object Pivot Point (Master Series tutorial question for Serge)
by on Feb 1, 2008 at 6:08:35 pm

Hi Frank,

Tracks in ProAnimator do not behave like Invigorator's sets as you already noticed.

Until today you can't manipulate the pivot point of your objects in ProAnimator. Would be a great feature to add to this program!

Maybe Zax or Matt would surprise us soon;-)

Salut,
Serge

"InvigoMany-Winter" is now available http://www.nyc-visual.com/invigomany-winter.html
Invigorator/Proanimator Training: http://library.creativecow.net/articles/hamad_serge/invig_training.php

Return to posts index

Ken LatmanRe: Object Pivot Point (Master Series tutorial question for Serge)
by on Apr 14, 2008 at 1:19:55 pm

I just came across this same problem. Is there a work around for this issue? I have three objects that I wish to rotate on the same axis so they stay in line with the camera. It doesn't look like I can make groups and do this effectively.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]