ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Moving Pose in Easy Mode

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Donovan Werts
Moving Pose in Easy Mode
on Jan 21, 2008 at 12:07:16 am

I have a question about moving an object in easy mode in ProAnimator. I understand how to click the left, right, up, down or Z axis then move the slider or type in a numeric value. Let's say I move something "35" to the right. If I want to move it up after moving it right, I click on the up arrow, but then it seems there's a problem. It moves it up 35, instead of letting me type in a value for the "up" move. If I type in a value for the upward movement, it seems to assign this value to the "right" movement I did before. If I have something moved "140" to the right, then attempt to move it on the Z Axis or another direction, when I click the other direction icons it assigns the "140" to that direction and is often off screen. Very frustrating, and I'm not sure if I'm explaining it so others can relate. I can always use advanced mode for movement, but I'd like to use the Easy setting sometimes. I'm probably misunderstanding how it works. Any advice?

Return to posts index

Matt Rhodes
Re: Moving Pose in Easy Mode
on Jan 21, 2008 at 5:34:18 pm

Hi Donovan.

The Move Tool in Easy Mode shows you the direction and distance of movement.

If you have the Right Arrow clicked with a distance of 35, the object(s) will be placed 35 units to the right.

If you then click the Up Arrow, the object(s) will change location to be 35 units up. It doesn't get changed to 35 units to the right and then 35 units up. The numbers don't combine.

You'll likely have to use Advanced mode to handle what you want.

Let us know if you have any more questions.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

Donovan Werts
Re: Moving Pose in Easy Mode
on Jan 21, 2008 at 5:45:17 pm

Matt, thank you for your response. I'm glad you were able to understand my question :) Donovan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]