ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

How can make transparent/Glass sphere in Zaxwerks?

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Catch-MeHow can make transparent/Glass sphere in Zaxwerks?
by on Jan 3, 2008 at 6:22:30 am

Hello Everyone

Good Day

I am trying to make 3D transparent/glass spehere/globe with a world map layer in Zaxwerks and AE 7.0 as well. The sphere also should rotate in 360 degrees. Same as TV news. I can make 3D globe in Zaxwerks and AE and able to animate the globe, I am unable to make it clear glass globe. Can anyone help me? Anybody has Video Tutorial/s or project file.

Thank you in advance.

Catch-me

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: How can make transparent/Glass sphere in Zaxwerks?
by on Jan 4, 2008 at 6:42:00 am

Hi Cach-me

Which part of making it a clear glass globe is giving you trouble? Try applying one of the default glass materials to the sphere and adjust the reflectivity, transparency, and specular highlight to taste. The reflection map you choose or make will also have a big impact on the believability of your project.

Jon

Return to posts index

Kamrul HasanRe: How can make transparent/Glass sphere in Zaxwerks?
by on Jan 4, 2008 at 9:27:12 am

Dear Jon

Thanks for your reply and help.

Again I fail to make a transparent/glass globe in Zaxwerks. I made a globe and apply default glass materials on the sphere (as you said). I also change the reflectivity and transparency, its change only the lights. I have noticed, in a small previvew (on the right hand side) its changing the transparency and lights but its not changes in the main window. Due to some problem I am not able to attach any file with this site. Alternatively, please give me your e-mail address, I will send you the setting of my screen.

Thanks again and waiting for your reply.

Catch-me

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: How can make transparent/Glass sphere in Zaxwerks?
by on Jan 4, 2008 at 2:33:28 pm

This helps.

First question - are you looking at the sphere in best-quality rendering mode? The transparency won't show up in draft mode.

Second question, be sure you've applied the material you're modifying to the object. (Drag the material ball swatch onto the object - one way to do it.)

If that doesn't solve it, go ahead and email me. jokerstrom1 (at) mac.com.

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]