ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

this is driving me nuts...

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Betty Boop2this is driving me nuts...
by on Dec 5, 2007 at 9:51:42 pm

...it's a simple thing really. I've got elements on track 2 that do not move then I have 4 elements on track 1 that I'd to move (together) around the common center clockwise.

Some one take a look?

Here's the file in question

Thanks in advance!

Jay Thompson

Thompson Visual Design & Storytelling

7 Marjean Ct.

Kirkwood, MO 63122

Return to posts index

Sheik YoboudiRe: this is driving me nuts...
by on Dec 6, 2007 at 4:57:30 pm

It could be that the values of your poses were somehow lost in the project transfer so that there were no pose changes when I opened it, but just in case they weren't:

You need to alter the parameters of your second pose in order for the animation to take place during the transition.

Specifically, to make it look different at the end of the animation than at the beginning-- in order to get your colored bits to rotate around the circle--- , well, that means that you need to change the Z-Rotate 'Around Common Center' value in the second pose to reflect where you want them to wind up at. The transition between the two poses will conduct the actual animation, many variables within the Transition's "Timing", "Paths" and "Path Action" palattes which can alter variations.

Right now, it seems that, in your Pro-Animator instance on the Patient-3 layer, you have 2 near-identical poses, with no rotation specified. Unfortunately, no spin will happen unless you tell it to.

Return to posts index

Betty Boop2Re: this is driving me nuts...
by on Dec 7, 2007 at 3:23:36 pm

Thanks for the advice.
-jay

Return to posts index

by on Dec 7, 2007 at 10:56:54 pm

I did as you asked, please looka t the result I'm getting. The elements are turning from pose to pose but they are aslo animating into the center and back out. I would them to turn as a group---like a clock would. Any advise?

Here it is.

Thanks.
-jay

Return to posts index

Sheik YoboudiRe: this is driving me nuts...
by on Dec 8, 2007 at 2:51:54 am

Ah heck; I never did learn how to HTML-embed.

I see what's happening in what you posted: the 4 individual "colored-curve" elements seem to be 'dipping', for lack of a better word. If you select each of them, and then scan through it, you can see their motion path. They're actually not "dipping"-- they're moving straight. Each of the 4 individual elements is going straight, directly from the position where they started to the position where they end. ProAnimator isn't seeing them as "4 parts of the same circle", it's seeing them as 4 individual shapes, independent of one another.

In order to get ProAnimator to treat them as a single object, select all 4 elements in the Object Track, [ Down in the Animation Window, in the lower right template box called "Pose Actions", choose "Pose Grouping" > Select All. Then: "Pose Grouping" > "Make Group". Once ProAnimator sees them as one distinct object, we can get to the animating.

I'll take a step back from my recommendation in my previous post--- this CAN and most likely SHOULD be done with just one pose (unless you've got more in mind--- some 3d movement or whatnot). Just ensure that the object in Track 1 (as well as the Object in Track 2, for that matter) are present until the end of your animation if you want them to be seen. Make sure that the dark blue bar of the pose is dragged all the way past the red arrow in the ProAnimator timeline. Anyways--- with Object.Track.1 selected, go back down the "Pose Actions", and in the pull-down menu below Pose Grouping, choose Roll Z. You can fiddle with 'Rotation' degree amounts (positive or negative determine clockwise/counter-clockwise), and the timing registers easing-in or easing-out.

Return to posts index

by on Dec 9, 2007 at 2:57:52 am

Thanks for your help. It did work. My only problem now is that it's rotating on the anchor point of the document rather than the center point of shapes.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]