ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Bouncy jello-like text

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
hig116
Bouncy jello-like text
on Nov 30, 2007 at 8:33:12 pm

Is it possible to make 3d text in proanimator bounce like jello. I need the type to bounce into each other and not be rigid.

Does that make sense?

Thanks,
Keith

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Bouncy jello-like text
on Dec 1, 2007 at 1:05:57 am

Hi Keith,

Yes, it's possible to create wiggling text. My suggestion would be to do it with layercycling.

Essentially, you make the text on an Illustrator layer. copy the text into another layer, deform it the way you want, then use Illustrator's tweening tool to create the desired number of intermediate steps. Put each of those steps on individual layers. What you're creating is an electronic "flip book." Each layer in Illustrator is like a page in the book. Going from layer to layer at speed will give you the illusion of text that deforms over time. The frame rate and number of frames determines how long it takes.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

hig116
on Dec 2, 2007 at 12:40:19 am

Well, it does help, but I don't think I have the time to pull it off. I will have several words, so doing this to each letter will take some time. I also have to make 4 or 5 versions with different text (ex. plays of the year, halftime report, ect) all in the same look.

So I will rethink my project and see if I can aim it a different direction.

Thanks,
Keith

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Dec 2, 2007 at 2:16:33 am

Hi Keith,

You could always render the animation as a series of overlapping movies and use warping plug-ins to make the jiggle. It would be a different look but might just work.

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]