ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Export with compression to motion and FCP

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nelsonmay10
Export with compression to motion and FCP
on Nov 20, 2007 at 4:41:54 pm

I am working through the PDF tutorial and I am not sure if I understand the compression options via rendering. In one part of the tutorial it said to be careful of exporting a file with compression if you are going to use a final compression application.

So far I am seeing the default of millions of colors+,. Is that involving compression or is that outputting without compression. I am going to take my ProAnimator files into Motion 1 and FCP5.

Return to posts index

Matt Rhodes
Re: Export with compression to motion and FCP
on Nov 20, 2007 at 6:54:28 pm

Hi Nelson.

Making a Quicktime movie with Animation codec (using Millions of Colors+) will create an uncompressed movie. It should create a movie with the best quality (least compression), but the file can become very large.

Let us know if you have more questions.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Nov 20, 2007 at 7:34:47 pm

Adding to what Matt said,

This uncompressed format also includes the alpha channel information which will allow you to cleanly composite the animation with the rest of your elements.

The reason we recommend Animation/Millions+ is that doing so does not introduce compression artifacts that will happen with certain other codecs. If you're doing something for the web or for a low-data rate application, you'll want to save the compression step until last.

Recompressing something that was compressed once or more than once makes the artifacts worse.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

nelsonmay10
on Nov 21, 2007 at 12:46:35 am

Yes and thanks.

I don't like to compress twice.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]