ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Animating a logo in Invigorator

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
skyking26Animating a logo in Invigorator
by on Nov 1, 2007 at 8:37:03 pm

This may be a basic question, but I'm new to Invigorator. I have a logo created in Illustrator, and I would like to animate it in 3D. When I bring it into Invigorator in AE, it creates the 3D shape, but I don't see the logo. It's just a solid color shape. How do I get it to "paste" the logo on the front face?

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: Animating a logo in Invigorator
by on Nov 1, 2007 at 11:18:51 pm

Hi Skyking,

First of all, if your logo includes elements on top of the basic shape, you'll probably find them hidden because they're all on the same position on the Z axis. You'll need to either change the thickness of some elements or move them toward or away from the centerpoint of the z axis.

If you have the basic shape and want to apply a bit-mapped picture to the front face, that's another matter, but it's also pretty simple. First, use Photoshop to crop the image to the border of the object. Save the file in tga format.

Now create a new material in Invigorator and choose the image as an image map by clicking on the top thumbnail in the material editor. Apply the material to the front face of the object.

Does this make sense to you?

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]