ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

POSE ACTION PRESETS question?

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joselo
POSE ACTION PRESETS question?
on Oct 26, 2007 at 7:52:40 am

Hello,

I have a question. I have a doubt about using "POSE ACTIONS PRESETS". For example when I give a pose action to a transition segment. For exampel if a set to spin Y 180 degree. The object spins 180 degree but after doing that the object returns to its original position. Is there any way to avoid it. To make the object to stay quite after reaching the 180 degrees. I know It

Return to posts index

John Dickinson
Re: POSE ACTION PRESETS question?
on Nov 3, 2007 at 8:15:20 am

The sort of thing you are talking about is referred to as "unwinding". As if the Action winds up the object and then the object gets to a point where it has to "unwind" before it can go on.

There are two ways of handling this depending on whether you are using a Pose Action or a Path Action.

If you Start with a Pose, then add a Pose Action to it, the beginning of the next Transition starts where the Pose Action ends. Unwinding never happens during the pose itself. The unwinding happens during the following Transition. To fix unwinding due to Pose Actions, there is a "Minimize Rotations" checkbox located in the Advanced Transition controls, just below the Transition Presets menu. Turn it ON and the objects will smoothly transition to the next Pose.

On the other hand if you add a Path Action to a Transition you may see the objects wind up and unwind both within the same Transition. This happens because the objects are trying to get to the next Pose. If you've added a Path Action that doesn't rotate the objects far enough, the ProAnimator will have to quickly get them to the next pose and that sometimes means a rotation that goes in the opposite direction from what you expect.

For instance if you only rotate the objects half way around, you'll probably see them unwind to get back to position. But if you rotate them more than half-way they'll continue around in the same direction as they go to their next Pose. A little experimentation is usually required to find the best amount of rotation. The only control there is to make things look smooth is the Rotation dial. Once you've applied a Path Action, the Minimize Rotations option goes dim and can't be used.

John Dickinson
Motionworks
http://www.motionworks.com.au

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]