ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

ProAnimator/AE Crashing

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
PatriotProductions
ProAnimator/AE Crashing
on Oct 25, 2007 at 1:03:30 pm

I just downloaded ProAnimator from Digital Juice, what a great deal! I'm not having any trouble with the stand alone version, but the issue comes with the plug-in for After Effects. I'm using version 6.5 pro. When I copy the Pro-Am folder into the AE plug-ins folder it's causing the program to crash when I try to open a file. When I remove the folder from the plug-ins folder, the problem goes away. If anyone can help me with this issue, I would appreciate it. I'm going to use the AE version more than the stand alone so I'd like to get it fixed. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Matt Rhodes
Re: ProAnimator/AE Crashing
on Oct 25, 2007 at 7:50:48 pm

Hi PatriotProductions.

Can you tell us:
1. Are you on the Mac or Windows?
2. What do you mean by "causing the program to crash when I try to open a file"?
That is, can you give us the steps you follow in order to cause the crash?

We'll go from there.

Thanks.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

PatriotProductions
on Oct 26, 2007 at 12:09:04 am

Matt, thanks for the quick response. I'm using the Windows Version of A 6.5 pro. Just to mention it, I installed the software on my laptop and this isn't an issue at all... for my desktop it's a problem.

When I open AE, not matter how I try to import a file I get a message immediately that says After Effects has crash, sorry. It then gives a website for Adobe Support to look at what the problem might be. None of those solutions work though. You can click ok to the message and then a box to save the project at its current state comes up. Then the program closes.

Return to posts index

Matt Rhodes
on Oct 26, 2007 at 3:59:08 pm

Hi PatriotProductions.

When you say "import a file" - do you mean importing an Illustrator file into ProAnimator?

Is it possible for you to send me a screenshot of the error message?

I'm still not quite sure what steps you're following before AE crashes.

Thanks.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

PatriotProductions
on Oct 26, 2007 at 4:18:18 pm

I can do that when I get back to my studio. When I say import file, I mean anything. Once I click to import a file, the error message immediately displays. I can't get far enough to even pick or click on a file. I'll send you that screen shot.

Return to posts index

PatriotProductions
on Oct 27, 2007 at 12:45:38 am

I've posted the screen shot at patriotproductions.net/public/ae_crash.jpg. This is the message I get immediate after I click to import a file (by either double clicking in the composition box or clicking file, insert, file). Again, when they plug-in isn't installed the program is working fine.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]