ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Possible to have a spotlight

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keith HendersonPossible to have a spotlight
by on Oct 21, 2007 at 7:28:20 pm

I would like a spotlight to scan accross my object during a pose....possible?

Return to posts index

Keith HendersonRe: Possible to have a spotlight
by on Oct 21, 2007 at 10:10:47 pm

I see that moving a light is not possible in the stand alone app. How do I create a light blue area so I can create slight movement, so the maps move?

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: Possible to have a spotlight
by on Oct 22, 2007 at 1:24:13 am

Hi Keith,

I'm going to make some assumptions here - correct me if I'm wrong! My hunch is you're using ProAnimator?

You have lots of options depending on what you're doing with the ProAnimator movie. You can add a spotlight effect to the rendered movie in many host applications... whether it's After Effects or an editor like Final Cut Pro.

While you're in ProAnimator, you can use movies as reflection, bump and texture maps... but before we go down that road too far, tell us more about your project and what you're trying to accomplish.

Jon

Return to posts index

by on Oct 23, 2007 at 12:40:31 am

I am having a graphic fly on the screen and pose for 4 secs and then fly off the screen. I am usng the app pro animator. Using After Effects scares me...but I guess I will have to learn it. :) I read in a previous post that the reflections were created by the movement so I was wondering how I create a subtle movement in the app (light blue area). I was thinging about making the graphic ritate 3 degrees right then 3 degrees left....

Return to posts index

by on Oct 23, 2007 at 1:33:52 am

Yes, that would work. I have used a similar technique in the past. Now, it's much easier to animate the offset of the reflection map to get the same thing (using AE). It's a much slicker solution, though your suggestion would work as well, if you absolutely want to avoid AE.

Jon

Return to posts index

by on Oct 23, 2007 at 10:47:14 pm

How do I go about creating a transition? I already have a light blue transition that is perfect. I have a dark bolue pose that is in the perfect location,and I have a light blue transition to transition the graphic off theat is perfect. Now all I want to do it add a rotate left and rotate right loop until the graphic transitions off? I bought the TF download for Make it look great, but before I view I am totally lost. That's even WITHOUT AE. Thanks for listening.

Return to posts index

by on Oct 24, 2007 at 10:59:41 pm

I found that if I double click on a grey area a new transition and pose are created for me. This is great but I already have my endint transition and pose. How do I insert a transition next to a pose?

Return to posts index

by on Oct 25, 2007 at 12:58:40 am

Hi Keith,

You could slide your first pose forward in the timeline then double click on the empty spot at the beginning. That will create a new pose and a new transition.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

by on Oct 26, 2007 at 2:32:22 am

I want to create another pose/transition in the middle...I have a pose-transition-<>-pose-transition-pose. I want to insert another pose/transition at the <>. Is this possible?

Return to posts index

by on Oct 26, 2007 at 2:52:49 am

Sure.

Option click in the middle of the transition and it will put a pose there.

Jon

Return to posts index

by on Oct 30, 2007 at 8:30:31 pm

Uhh, right clicking doesn't do anything when I do it on the line (I am on a Pee Cee)

Return to posts index

by on Nov 7, 2007 at 8:45:30 pm

Still no way to do this??

Return to posts index

by on Nov 8, 2007 at 2:22:15 am

Keith,

I'm on a Mac, so I can't test the key combination that does this on a pc. As an alternative, you can replicate a pose by option clicking a selected pose and dragging it away from the original. Let it go in the middle of a transition and you've accomplished the same thing.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]