ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Proanimator & Adobe Illustrator

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chuck122341
Proanimator & Adobe Illustrator
on Oct 13, 2007 at 3:37:27 am

I just purchased and downloaded Proanimator and have already run into an big issue. I have 4 clients with logos and no one, including me has the art in Illustrator files. They are either .tiff or .jpg. I do have Photoshop 6 but it doesn't offer the option of saving in Ilustrator. I see that Proanimator will only "see" Illustrator files. What am I missing? Either in Photoshop or some other solution? One client says they haven't used Illustrator in years and were surprised that I had a program that was limited to that file extension.
Helpless in Olympia
Chuck

Return to posts index

serge
Re: Proanimator & Adobe Illustrator
on Oct 13, 2007 at 6:04:33 am

Hey Chuck,

Invigorator/Proanimator use ai files to extrude shapes. These can be created using different apps ( best of course Illustrator) Photoshop has the ability to "Export" not "Save'to Illustrator format but don't expect it to do the work for you.

In other words you need to analyze your logo, then trace it etc... using the necessary IL tools.

I am helping right now four different users to recreate their logos so jut add yours by e-mailing me and I would be glad to help.
(serge at nyc-visual dot com)

Salut.
serge

"InvigoMany" is back in stock! http://www.nyc-visual.com
Invigorator/Proanimator Training: http://library.creativecow.net/articles/hamad_serge/invig_training.php

Return to posts index

graymachine
Re: Proanimator & Adobe Illustrator
on Oct 16, 2007 at 6:29:04 pm

Make sure your client understands that it's not a matter of the software being limited to a specifc graphic format or particular file extension (like TIF vs GIF). It's what is IN the file that matters.

Illustrator artwork is vector based, which means it is made of points and lines connecting those points in space. Formats like JPG or TIF are bitmaps. The image is made of individual pixels that make up an image. So, vector artwork and bitmap images are apples and oranges, and do not differ by just a file extension.

The reason ProAnimator needs a vector file, just like ALL other 3D programs, is that it simply needs vector information to create 3D geometry.

Harry J Frank
Freelance Motion Designer
graymachine.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]