ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Scrolling credits

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
m_aScrolling credits
by on Oct 9, 2007 at 6:00:12 pm

I have about 2 minutes of simple white text credits on a black background to put at the end of a corporate video project. Can someone tell me if Zaxwerks Pro Animator can do scrolling credits? How would I go about it? Perhaps the Title Roll function?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: Scrolling credits
by on Oct 9, 2007 at 11:23:05 pm

Sure.

You have lots of options... the simplest might be laying out the text block exactly how you want it, and animating the location camera from top to bottom. Tilt the camera and you have a really simple "Star Wars" credit effect.

Of cousse, you have plenty of options if you want to animate the text instead.

Jon

Return to posts index

m_aRe: Scrolling credits
by on Oct 10, 2007 at 2:50:39 pm

And there is no problem with my text block being 720p wide x 7,000p long? Will the text be vector or raster? I am having trouble getting sharp credits on a SD-DVD output due to flickering caused by interlacing.

Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: Scrolling credits
by on Oct 10, 2007 at 6:29:05 pm

The height of the text block shouldn't be a problem at all. ProAnimator would render the portion within view of the camera. It should look great.

Any flickering may be due to choosing incorrect field order (if you're rendering fields). Rendering frames may result in a less-smooth roll than using field rendering.

Either way, you can also reduce flickering by choosing a higher antialiasing setting (slightly soften the edges) and by using motion blur.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

m_aRe: Scrolling credits
by on Oct 10, 2007 at 6:43:52 pm

Thanks. Yes this helps.
Field order does not seem to be the problem. Small font size and high contrast does seem to be the problem. I have been using a Photoshop file in Final Cut. Experimenting with a touch of motion blur and reducing the whiteness of the text is helping. But the rasterized text is anti aliased to start with and Live Type text isn't any better. I have not tried it with Zaxwerks yet, but I have it to try.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]