ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

AE project with lots of 3D Invigorator layers won't open

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fongaboo
AE project with lots of 3D Invigorator layers won't open
on Sep 18, 2007 at 3:23:04 am

Running XP pro on a machine with 1.5 gig of RAM. Have an AE6.5 project where I had a composition that had about 12 Invigorator layers, although only 2 were turned on.

I duplicated the composition and it started to freak out my whole machine, making all my windows and desktop flash for about 2-3 minutes. At that point, the AE window redrew and I was able to click on project icons. But when I tried to open or delete a composition, it crashed AE.

Any subsequent attempts to open the project repeated the 2-3 minutes of flashing, followed by a crash if I attempted to actually do anything once the project was seemingly open.

From watching memory usage in Task Manager, I am guessing that I hit some magic number of Invigorator layers that is causing some memory leak. And I am in the bootstrap situation where I cannot even open and interact with the project enough to delete some of the duplicated compositions.

My intent was to duplicate the compositions so I could turn different layers on and off in each one, and then send all the compositions to the render queue for an overnight render.

At this point, am I screwed? Do I just have to create my project from scratch again and thn just make sure to nurse each render using the single composition?

Return to posts index

Serge
Re: AE project with lots of 3D Invigorator layers won't open
on Sep 18, 2007 at 3:55:25 am

Hi,

-Delete Invigorator's prefs and see if you can use your project.

-If the above doesn't work then delete the Invigorator plug-in folder.
When you open your project, AE will warn you that Invigorator is missing Blah Blah...Delete now the comp that caused the crash, close AE, reinstall Invigorator and you could be ready to go. Just don't over do it with too many Invigorator instances in the future.

let us know if this works.

BTW. Are you using the latest version of Invigorator?

Salut.
Serge

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]