ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Proanimator - Imported AI file doesn't keep colors

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kopernikuz
Proanimator - Imported AI file doesn't keep colors
on Sep 12, 2007 at 12:58:51 am

I am using Proanimator and importing a logo from an AI file. The original logo image is a gradient orange color. When I import it to Proanimator however, it comes up solid blue.

I am clicking the box to use "Illustrator colors", but it's not working. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Proanimator - Imported AI file doesn't keep colors
on Sep 12, 2007 at 3:24:45 am

HI kopernikuz,

ProAnimator (and Invigorator for that matter) deal only with the vector information and solid color information in Illustrator files. They don't rasterize gradients or transparencies you may have built in Illustrator. That's why your gradient doesn't appear in PA.

To get around that, you can use Illustrator to create the basic shapes for ProAnimator, and as a separate step, to create the gradients that appear on the object. Then create a tga file containing a bit-mapped version of the gradient and apply it to the surface of the 3D object in ProAnimator.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

kopernikuz
on Sep 12, 2007 at 11:26:36 am

That does help... though I am unsure how to do that exactly, lol. I'm only just beginning to use the program, so I'll have to give it a try. I know how to create a .tga but how do I apply it to my 3d model?

Return to posts index

kopernikuz
on Sep 12, 2007 at 12:09:54 pm

Never mind, I figured it out... thanks for the help, it worked great!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]