ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Corrupt Project File

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Davidson
Corrupt Project File
on Aug 31, 2007 at 12:48:02 am

Hi guys, I emailed Zaxwerks, but thought I'd post here in case this is faster.

I have been working on a project using Invigorator 4.06. Occasionally, especially with using multiple layers with Invig applied, I run into crashes. After searching the web, I increased my space for OpenGL, (I used Advanced 3D but increased anyway) and upgraded to Invig 4.31.

I cannot now open ANY of my project files, even backups that weren't causing crashes. Instead I'm greeted with "A project using Zaxwerks is corrupted. Please use a backup project file."

If you'd like to see the project:
http://www.magicfeatherinc.com/atom.zip

My specs:
Mac OS X (most recent)
G5 Dual 2.7
AE 7.0.1
ATI Radeon 9650
8 Megs Ram
1.6 TB Sata Raid
Kona 2

My permanent registration is: XXXXX

Thanks in advance. This is a problem I have always been able to back out of using older project backups, however this new version of Invig has made that impossible.

Best Regards,

John Davidson

John Davidson____ writer | producer | director____http://www.magicfeather.tv

Return to posts index

Matt Rhodes
Re: Corrupt Project File
on Aug 31, 2007 at 2:56:38 pm

Hi John.

Invig 4.3.1 should be able to load the files you saved with v4.0.6. Would you mind sending me a few files that you *could* open with Invig 4.0.6?
Send files to: matt@zaxwerks.com

After looking at your project, your file is indeed corrupt.

A few notes regarding corruption:
- AE's Auto-Save files don't work with Zaxwerks effects because our data needs to be converted to a save-able format before AE saves it. AE doesn't seem to give us that chance before Auto-Saving.
- Zaxwerks is a big proponent of the "Increment & Save" feature of AE. We recommend you use it frequently.

One way to start working with your file again:
1. Move your 3D Invigorator plug-in to another folder (the Desktop or your Documents folder).
2. Open your file in AE. AE will complain about the effect missing.
3. Find your Invig layers and delete the Invigorator effect. Do this for all Invig effects applied to your project.
4. Save your scene to a *new name* and close AE.
5. Reinstate your Invig plug-in, restart AE, and load your newly-saved scene.
6. Rebuild your Invig layers.

This isn't an ideal process since you lose the Invig effects, but at least you can continue to use the project, which may have a lot of other things in it.

Let us know if you have any more questions.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

John Davidson
on Aug 31, 2007 at 7:24:09 pm

Cool thanks. Oddly enough, I was able to get one of my backups to open and it's been stable ever since. I stopped using multiple layers of zax in each comp, which may have helped.

As long as it's up I'm happy!

Cheers,
John

John Davidson____ writer | producer | director____http://www.magicfeather.tv

Return to posts index

5 Minute Major
on Feb 19, 2008 at 9:20:37 pm

This does not seem like a good solution to me. I have lost two days of work. AE crashed while rendering and gave me one opportunity to save. That file has corrupt Zax files, the original is corrupt and the auto saves don't work? All because you cant put two Zax effects in the same comp?

Anybody know and hard games?

Return to posts index

Sean Barrett
on Mar 27, 2008 at 6:29:17 pm

I am also having a similar problem and have lost 2 days of work. This seems like a huge bug, maybe I am missing something but it doesn't seem right that we just have to work around the fact that invig (i'm actually having the problem with ProAnimator) can't handle multiple layers of zax effects. Is there any other solution, I am on a serious deadline. Thanks in advance.

Sean

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]