ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Proanimator crashes

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joseloProanimator crashes
by on Aug 15, 2007 at 9:01:18 am

Hello,

I've been working with a project in After Effects CS3 with Proanimator 4.0.3. The progran crashed and after that I can't open my projekt anymore. I got this message from AE CS3:

After Effects error: crash ocurred while invoking effect plugin "ProAnimator".

The project is very simple but important for me .Have been working with it almost 4 days. I can open other projects without problem. I had a similar problem before.In both cases accidentally i was working in the AE timeline without notice that I had the Proanimator plugin open. So when I realized , AE crashed and projekt can't open anymore. I'm just a beginer trying to learn to use this fantastic software. Please, help.

Best Regards,

Jose Luis

Return to posts index

John DickinsonRe: Proanimator crashes
by on Aug 15, 2007 at 7:59:56 pm

Yes this can be a real pain. As far as I'm aware, once a ProAnimator project has crashed it is pretty much dead. As a beginner you need to start thinking about ways of working that ensure you have a backup. Things like turning on Auto-Save, doing Incremental backups etc. You can't work for 4 days on a project without saving incremental versions of your project, if you do you are bound for trouble (as you have discovered) when the project file won't open.

JD

John Dickinson
Motionworks
http://www.motionworks.com.au

Return to posts index

Matt RhodesRe: Proanimator crashes
by on Aug 16, 2007 at 2:26:14 pm

Hi Jose.

John is probably right, but if you'd like to send me your project
file (just the .aep), I'd be happy to see if I can recover part of the
file.

If you happen to know what you were doing at the time, please
let us know. We'd love to squash any bugs.

The best solution in the future is to use AE's "Increment & Save" feature - frequently.

Send files to: matt@zaxwerks.com

Thanks a lot.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]