ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

'Reflection' artifacts

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
pixeleyed
'Reflection' artifacts
on Aug 13, 2007 at 1:18:16 am

Hi.
Hmm. Can't figure this one out. It's supposed to be a simple one. But I keep getting weird random "reflection" artifacts as the comp cam orbits around the object. (Yes, no bumps or reflections enabled apart from default Material applied to object).
I have 3 lights set up. Tried turning them off one by one, Tried different anti-aliasing & Render options. No luck.

My pain is here:
http://eyeflame.tv/traffic/Picture_1.png

Anyone walked through this before?

(MacPro 8c, AE CS3)

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: 'Reflection' artifacts
on Aug 14, 2007 at 1:11:05 am

Hi Pixeleyed,

Which default texture are you using?

I would check several things:

First, be sure you're using the latest version. This may be a bug corrected long ago.

Second - check the Illustrator doc to be sure you don't have odd points or duplicate shapes in the same artwork. You might be seeing overlap in Invigorator from two objects in the same space.

If that's not it, look to see whether the point near the problem area looks normal... sometimes control handles can be flipped and that can mess up the geometry.

If the Illustrator art checks out, you may want to try playing with the geometry in Invigorator. You can use the meshing controls to build a very tight mesh and adjust the hard shading angle if there's still an issue. There's a chance this may help, but I wouldn't think so.

If you want to send the name of the material you're using and the Illustrator art, I'll see if I can replicate the problem. jokerstrom1 (at) mac.com

Jon

Return to posts index

pixeleyed
Re: 'Reflection' artifacts
on Aug 14, 2007 at 1:30:04 am

Thanks to Zax, problem solved.

Problem was I Used HighQ OpenGL renderer (which worked fine for one instance of my 3D object - but not for appearance at the end of my timeline). The reason I fiddled around with HQoGL in the first place was a seriously pixellated shadow. The culprit turned out the be a crazy light I used for effect on media prior the 3D entrance. with 110% strength & 100% shadow casting that was very close to my object - which overdrew the default 500x500 shadow buffer. I'm back on InvigRenderer and just Re-did that scene's lights with more modest ones.
All schweet now.

It's great when guys create great products with great client service to back it up!
Thanks, Zax!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]