ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

shearing an invigorator object

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ScottPM
shearing an invigorator object
on Aug 11, 2007 at 2:33:34 am

how would one go about shearing an invigorator object? squash and stretch is fine, but to create anticipatory movement, ie, individual letters about to zoom off screen... they'd lean back, then lean forward when zooming off.
is this possible?

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: shearing an invigorator object
on Aug 14, 2007 at 1:14:03 am

Hi Scott,

The short answer is yes and no.

The only animatable deformation in Invigorator is adjusting Z scale. You can accomplish shearing by doing one of the following:

1) Apply a deformation effect to the Invigorator layer or a pre-rendered movie. This option may not work depending on what you have the 3D sets doing.

2) Use layer cycling to deform the objects over time. This is a very powerful option. Essentially you use Illustrator's sheer and tweening tools to create a multilayered Illustrator doc, with each layer being a frame of animation or state of deformation of the object.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

ScottPM
Re: shearing an invigorator object
on Aug 14, 2007 at 2:51:33 am

Hi Jon,

well, it answers my question and I see that it is possible, but at this stage not worth the effort. I wanted to be able to shear individual invigorator objects at specific times, meaning i'd have to have each object on it's own layer with the invigorator plugin applied. or layer cycling seems like it would be difficult to control timings. so thanks, but i'll leave it for this project.

Thanks,
Scott.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]