ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Animate Opacity of Individual Objects?

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cosm44Animate Opacity of Individual Objects?
by on Jun 28, 2007 at 9:35:13 pm

Hi everyone...this is a very beginner question, but I've searched the manual and forum posts and have come up empty handed. Here's what I want to do:

I have a solid with 2 Invigorator objects on it. I want to fade one of these out as they animate, and leave the other at 100% opacity. I've tried layer mapping to the transparency setting of the object I want inside the material setup...yet it still doesn't work. And yes, I do have the layer mapping set to my transparency map layer.

Any help would be appreciated!

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcow
Jon OkerstromRe: Animate Opacity of Individual Objects?
by on Jun 29, 2007 at 1:17:06 am

Hi cosm44,

What about your technique doesn't work?

Create a layer on which the grayscale color animates from white (opaque) to black (transparent). Put that layer in a precomp. Designate that precomp as a layermap in Invigorator. Apply the layermap to the transparency channel of a material. Apply that material to the object.

That should work. Did you - or I - miss a step?

Jon

Return to posts index

cosm44Re: Animate Opacity of Individual Objects?
by on Jun 29, 2007 at 1:47:12 pm

Hey Jon,

If I remember correctly I've done everything exactly how you've stated. I'm at work right now so I don't have the project available. Once I get back home I'll check it out and if it still doesn't work maybe I can provide a link to it and you can take a look?

Thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: Animate Opacity of Individual Objects?
by on Jun 30, 2007 at 12:27:55 am

Sure. I'd be happy to look at it. I only need the AE project file, no supporting files.

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]