ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Zaxwerks shadow "cutting off " mid-animation

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
redkat
Zaxwerks shadow "cutting off " mid-animation
on Jun 22, 2007 at 9:34:10 pm

I am animating a logo wipe (so the logo flies in, comes full and wipes the screen) I have turned the shadows on for 3 light just so the logo pieces cast shadows on themselves. my problem is that halfway through, the shadow suddenly forms a straight edge on the logo- then in a few frames the shadows disappear all together. it is as if there is something blocking the light and shadow as the logo comes full screen. there are no other objects in the scene. didn't know if there is a limited distance for the lights to cast shadows? i would add a tiny movie but don't know how to add an attachment.
thanks for any help or insight!
kathy

Return to posts index

serge
Re: Zaxwerks shadow "cutting off " mid-animation
on Jun 26, 2007 at 6:05:35 am

Hi Kathy

In case one of your objects was shaped using a transparency map.
The Invigorator shadow casting formula does not recognize transparency yet, so shadows produced by such an object would look strange, as they would reflect the original geometry.

If this is not the issue, feel free to send me your project (without the media files)

Salut.
Serge

INVIGORATOR-TRAINING VOL.1 soon available here: http://www.nyc-visual.com

Return to posts index

redkat
on Jun 26, 2007 at 3:45:43 pm

hi serge
i don't believe i have any transparency maps. it is as if there is a plane in the scene blocking the light. can i send you my aeffects project? i don't know how to include an attachment to the post. thanks for the quick response!!
kathy

Return to posts index

Serge
on Jun 27, 2007 at 1:58:54 am

Kathy,

You could send me your aep at serge_01 (at)msn(Dot)com

Salut.
Serge

INVIGORATOR-TRAINING VOL.1 soon available here: http://www.nyc-visual.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>