ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Replace Illustrator files

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Al J. MarschkeReplace Illustrator files
by on May 11, 2007 at 12:35:51 pm

Is there a way to just replace Illustrator files in AE Pro and maintain all settings? I've read the tip on "How to do 50 3D Animations in a single day" but it doesn't seem to apply to AE Pro 4.1.0.
I'm creating interstitials and I'd like the ability to duplicate the comps and just replace the Illustrator files in each and then render them all at the same time. I'd rather not have to change the Illustrator text and render one at a time for each comp.

Thank you in advance.

AE 6.5
Illustrator CS 11.0
Mac 10.4.8

Al J. Marschke
BluMars Media
Pittsburgh, PA

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: Replace Illustrator files
by on May 15, 2007 at 12:47:52 am

Hi Al,

Actually, the tip does apply to Invigorator Pro 4.x. The key is using the reload or replace functions. Reload works when you build your Illustrator files in layers, import them into Invigorator as layers, select a certain object and want to reload the layer containing specific vector art that you change.

Replace allows you to select a 3D object in Invigorator and replace its vector information with an entire Illustrator file or visible portions of an Illustrator file. Here's one way to make use of this: Create a layered Illustrator file with each layer being the part of the interstitial that changes. In Illustrator, turn on the visibility of the first layer and set up your Invigorator effect Now, for the next render, duplicate the layer (or the comp containing it). Back in Illustrator, turn on the visibility of the second layer and turn off the first layer. Now, use Invigorator's replace button to change the Invigorator art. Continue the process all the way through the list.

Either way, the vector information gets stored in the After Effects project file and is not dependant on the Illustrator file, so I would think you can set up your comps using either technique... if you want to render them all at once, you could line them up in the timeline and render one very long movie... or, if you have AE Pro, I bet you could set up a script to run through each of your comps and render individual movies.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

Al J. MarschkeRe: Replace Illustrator files
by on May 15, 2007 at 8:08:44 pm

I can't seem to find the Replace button.

Al J. Marschke
BluMars Media
Pittsburgh, PA

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: Replace Illustrator files
by on May 16, 2007 at 1:48:44 am

Be sure you're in the set-up area. (click the red ball to get there from the initial scene preview window.) Now be sure you've selected the object tab to the right of the set-up window. When you select an object, you'll see the reload and replace buttons next to the "stats" button. Please note that you will NOT see these buttons if you're selecting 3D text objects created in Invigorator without using Illustrator art.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]