ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Using Layer Warp in pre-comps or nesting

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
pukkascottUsing Layer Warp in pre-comps or nesting
by on Apr 30, 2007 at 11:30:05 am

Hi Zax and Jon.

I have got hold of your new warp layers plug in - great! As Jon knows I have been trying to edit comps in comps to make a series of page turns (see - Nesting a comp in a comp in a comp stops camera thread). I have given up on CC page turn and am now trying to make it work with Layer Warp.

As before when I nest or pre-compose the layers of page-turns in another composition I lose the 3D connnection with the comps camera. I thought I could solve this by reducing the size of the objects turning in the original comp (to 50% of the screen) to give some space around the page turn and then zooming in on the second comp.

But whatever size I set the object in the first comp (using smaller objects or resizing using the Warp transform tools) the nested comp crops the image just around the outside of the original image.

I have extended the Warp limits but this has no effect.

Can you offer any tips to extend the boundaries of a layer warp as a pre-comp please?

Thanks,
Scott

Return to posts index

FlowmotionRe: Using Layer Warp in pre-comps or nesting
by on May 15, 2007 at 9:05:31 pm

Are you applying Layer Warp directly to the object layer or to a solid layer and referencing the object as a color map?

Return to posts index

pukkascottRe: Using Layer Warp in pre-comps or nesting
by on May 15, 2007 at 9:25:09 pm

Hi Flowmotion.
I have tried both versions but only the solid layer with the image as a color map works as a page turn.

I have tried every option I can think of and have ended up accepting that the comp will be "flat" and making sure the position of the camera doesn't give it away.

Pukkascott

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]