ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Troubles with ProAnimator, yet again..

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DreamWalkerTroubles with ProAnimator, yet again..
by on Apr 20, 2007 at 11:51:18 pm

Working on a project and I'm starting to run into problems (which seems to be the norm for ProAnimator).

I have one object with a layer map on it and ProAnimator has decided to slightly offset X the layer map in After Effects every time I exit ProAnimator back into After Effects. If I so much as click on the value for Offset X, AE runs out of memmory and crashes.

I'm also trying to get two objects to rotate together as if they were stuck to each other, but I need one object to appear when it's behind the other object and hidden from the camera, so when they rotate around, suddenly the hidden object is visible. The only way I know how to animate visibility is by setting it on the animation track level, I cannot have the two objects on the same track. But if they aren't on the same track, I can't position and rotate them properly. So I duplicated objects and put them on different tracks and changed the visibility of them so that one track becomes invisible and 2 tracks become visible so you don't see the change, but now I can't get the objects to align properly. If I change the positioning, then they don't rotate properly, or the object just snaps back to where it was.

Maybe I'm just thinking about it the wrong way since I normally do 3d in Maya, but why don't I have any control at all over the object's positioning or rotation? I can go into an objects stats and see it's position, rotation and scale, but if I change anything, it is like ProAnimator randomly decides if it will accept my changes or just move things back to where they were. I have tried centering objects, tweaking objects, positioning things in the track.

If I could only get at the objects actual Pivot point and be able to control a few things without ProAnimator changing things back, I could get it to do what I want, but it's always a fight.

Return to posts index

Coxie2007Re: Troubles with ProAnimator, yet again..
by on Apr 24, 2007 at 12:53:33 am

I too have this issue. The X offset value for the Layer 1 Map is the culprit on this machine. Everytime I click the options link to tweak something in the time line, that value increments a value of +1.

If I try to reset that value, or click on it ... I get the same thing, After Effects claims it is out of memory and proceeds to crash.

I can assign image/movies etc to Layer Maps 2 and above... but I have to stay clear of Layer Map 1 or crash city.

Gregg

Return to posts index

Matt RhodesRe: Troubles with ProAnimator, yet again..
by on Apr 24, 2007 at 5:40:18 pm

Hi.

Would either of you two mind sending me a project file (.aep file)
that demonstrates the problem? I'd be happy to take a look at this problem.

Send files to: matt@zaxwerks.com

Thanks a lot.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

by on Apr 25, 2007 at 4:21:17 pm

Hi Gregg and DreamWalker.

Thanks for the scene file, Gregg.

There does seem to be a bug that changes the Layer Map Offset values
when you open and close the Options window by clicking on the
"ProAnimator Click To Edit" button.

Until I have a fixed version for you, don't use that button.
Instead, click on the "Options..." button instead. The problem
doesn't seem to occur when using that button.

Let me know if this works for you.

DreamWalker, please email me (matt@zaxwerks.com) so
that I can notify you personally when I have a fixed version.

Thanks a lot.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

by on Apr 25, 2007 at 4:44:56 pm

Hello everyone.

I have a fix for anyone running into this problem.

Please email me (matt@zaxwerks.com) for an update.
Let me know if you need Mac or Windows.

Thanks a lot.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]