ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

What causes this clash?

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gareth Hanks
What causes this clash?
on Apr 3, 2007 at 9:32:20 am

I have six objects for 3 words. Respectively the fill (black - to be used as a cut-out later) & the outlined stroke (the reflective silver) & I am animating the Depth Scale of each object. The interiors have Basic, Flat sides applied & the exteriors have Basic, Hi-light Edges. As you can see from the screen grab:

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/71/bioerrorog4.jpg

The top word is fine but the other two have some sort of clash of polygons. Are they trying to exists in the same space? They are at the same co-ordinates but so is the first word which has no problems? Any direction would be gratefully received. Thanks.

I am using Mac based AE 6.5 & Invig 4.0.9

Return to posts index

Zax Dow
Re: What causes this clash?
on Apr 3, 2007 at 7:16:51 pm

Yes, this looks like there are duplicate polys. If this text is from an Illustrator file check it to see that there aren't duplicate objects grouped to each other that you don't know about. If it's from the Invigorator's text tool check that you didn't duplicate objects sitting in the same position.

You know you can assign different materials to front/sides/etc without having to duplicate the objects. One of these materials can be the Matte Material (Pro version) which will cut a mask for the faces without having to duplciate objects or layers.

-Zax

Return to posts index

Zax Dow
Re: What causes this clash?
on Apr 3, 2007 at 7:19:51 pm

I also wonder why you have this green background. Are you going to key it out? You don't need to use a greenscreen background in order to create a mask channel. The software will create a perfect alpha channel during the rendering. Just pick a compression codec that supports alpha channels, such as Animation compressor set to Best quality. TGA sequences do it too.

-Zax

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]