ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Camera Mapping

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
richardCamera Mapping
by on Mar 30, 2007 at 5:07:02 am

I am looking at a way to achieve camera mapping, but don't have a 3d program. Has anyone tried to do this with PA ?

Richard

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: Camera Mapping
by on Apr 4, 2007 at 1:17:05 am

HI Richard,

It's a very interesting technique but would have to be adapted for ProAnimator. Normally, the software app must support image projection mapping... where an image is projected onto 3d objects from the camera's initial point of view and the camera can then be animated with certain limitations.

In PA's case, you could use an image which includes a bacckground and foreground objects and create 3d primatives representing the floor, walls and objects in the scene. That's typical for the technique, but now the process goes another way. For PA, you would have to use Photoshop to crop textures for each face of the primative object and use distortion tools to make the aspect ratio of the texture match the aspect ratio of the object face. Think of an image of a cube in three-quarters view. The image on each side must be stretched into a square shape and applied to the 3D cube. If PA's camera matches the camera that took the picture, the look just might work.

I suspect this adaptation of camera mapping may not work as well as it does in something like Maya or Lightwave (both support camera mapping), but it would be wirthy of an experiment or two.

Jon

Return to posts index

richardRe: Camera Mapping
by on Apr 4, 2007 at 5:13:25 am

Thanks Jon,
That was a very thoughtful assessment and suggestion of an approach in PA. I think this is a job for a a 3d application but I thought it worth considering. I beleve there is a way to do this in AE using a light as a projector but not sure how that is achieved and not sure if that would work with objects generated in PA. I am surprised that c4d does not do this.

Thanks again for your help.

Richard

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: Camera Mapping
by on Apr 4, 2007 at 1:08:38 pm

Thanks Richard,

I looked at my response again... I should have thought more about spelling the word "worthy." :-)

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]