ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Looking to create neon tubular text

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joseph wilkinsLooking to create neon tubular text
by on Mar 15, 2007 at 6:13:49 pm

Hello. It's been a few years since I cracked open zaxwerks. I bought v3.0 classic and am wondering where I am going wrong here:

I am trying to create a neon sign and have created the text using the pen tool in Illustrator and now want to make the stroke into those tubular light bulb material they use in real neon signs.

Problem is... when I bring it into Zaxwerks, it fills in the empty space between the letters.

Can someone here help me figure this one out? I am exporting my hand-drawn letters as strokes and exporting as Illustrator v8.0, but when I bring into AE zaxwerks just wants to make them flat surfaces rather than keeping them as letters I can fatten up.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: Looking to create neon tubular text
by on Mar 15, 2007 at 6:17:40 pm

Hi Joseph,

Try this: in Illustrator, choose your letter objects, then path>outline the stroke. You will now have filled solid shapes. Select those letters with holes in them and use compound path>create.

Save the file. Invig will now see shapes with holes. You can use the half pipe on the letters to create the tube look. Hint- use a small stroke and use the depth of the half pipe to control the thickness of the neon tube.

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]