ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Restrictions in ProAnimator DEMO?

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jimmybee500Restrictions in ProAnimator DEMO?
by on Mar 7, 2007 at 4:23:49 pm

Hello,

Just downloaded and started playing around with ProAni 4 demo and whilst it is great.. (shame about not casting shadows on other AE 3D layers, but hopefully might get around that) ..I am struggling to implement OpenGL effectively.

I wondered if other than the watermarks on renders/previews there are any other restrictions in the demo? It also keeps saying something about 'unable to write to Zaxwerks prefernces'?

As far as the OpenGL problem goes I am checking 'openGL-interactive' for previews in AE (though Adaptive seems to gain a better result when scrubbing), I also checked 'use OpenGL renderer' in AE render pane. Then I select to use Hi-Quality OpenGL rendering within ProAni....

I do 2 test renders of the same comp (10secs duration D1 PAL 16:9, the word 'TEST' made in ProAni - no animation, then AE comp is just that and a solid floor with a camera move around the word and floor with 1 ambient and 1 spot light.)

- With NO openGL selected anywhere I get a render of 36mins 20 secs

- WITH openGL selected everywhere I get a render of 37mins 38 secs!?

Firstly, does this sound about right in render time on a PC like mine? (specs in my sig)

And secondly, why is the Open GL taking longer?

Thanks for any info/advice.

*Production Studio Premium / *Combustion 3
-------------------------------------
Win XP Pro SP2 / Intel P4 3GHz / 2GB RAM / GeForce FX5200 / DeckLink Pro / Sony BVM-20G1E / DVS SDI Clipstation / 110GB boot/80GB media/600GB RAID-0

Return to posts index

jimmybee500Re: Restrictions in ProAnimator DEMO?
by on Mar 7, 2007 at 4:39:01 pm

Just as an add-on to this...is there a reason why AE would crash when I try to pre-comp a ProAni solid layer? I was going to try shadows with a pre comp instead to see how that works and it came up with the 'this will now run in demo mode' window and then AE shuts itself down.

Ta.

Win XP Pro SP2 / Intel P4 3GHz / 2GB RAM / GeForce FX5200 / DeckLink Pro / Sony BVM-20G1E / DVS SDI Clipstation / 110GB boot/80GB media/600GB RAID-0

Return to posts index

jimmybee500HELP!!...?
by on Mar 14, 2007 at 2:35:11 pm

Anybody?!?

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: HELP!!...?
by on Mar 14, 2007 at 6:04:47 pm

Hi Jimmy,

if you're still having tech issues with ProAnimator, I would suggest contacting Zaxwerks support directly. They'll help you worth through any issues you might have. Typically video card drivers need to be current. Beyond that, I'm on a Mac, so I'm sorry to say I don't have more specific advice.

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]