ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Invig 3d square and text

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
henry199
Invig 3d square and text
on Mar 2, 2007 at 1:40:42 am

Hello...

At the moment I have a solid square with text/video being partnered to either side.. so when I spin it, the text looks like is fixed on each side. (Everytime it spins the text/video changs)

I now want to make to solid to have thickness. I've done this with 3d invig.

Is there anyway you can pair ae text layer and/or video layer with the sides and movement of 'set 1' of invig? or do you HAVE to use the invig text?

Is the only solution using 'comp camera'?

Cheers!

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Invig 3d square and text
on Mar 2, 2007 at 1:57:43 am

Henry, I'm not certain I understand what you're asking, but I'll give it a shot.

You have a spinning Invig cube and want other elements in your comp to float around the cube and reactd as it spins. IF this is what you want, yes you can do it. Simply add a primative plane with the same aspect ratio as your comp and use layermapping to map any AE layer or precomp to that plane.

Put them both in the same set and they'll spin together.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

henry199
on Mar 2, 2007 at 4:31:48 am

Thanks - but it needs to change everytime is spins.

Let me explain again.

1. In Invig I have a rectangle with a small amount of depth.

2. I want this rectangle to spin around and play a video, then spin around again and show some text.

3. I want the text to be able to wiggle and move.

4. Then it might flip around again and show a different title, then flip around again and show a different video.

5. I would like the freedom of using After Effects text & video layers, but they need to be stuck and spin with the rectangle.

6. Also my rectangle - when flipped around - you can see the text through it (using cameras and 3d layers).

Better?

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Mar 2, 2007 at 6:21:14 am

Henry,

This helps.

You can use layer mapping to put the contents of any AE layer or precomp on any of the rectangle's surfaces. The precomp represents a movie of everything that happens on the surface of that rectangle... the movie playing, the text animating, etc. Simply build your precomp so the changes happen at the correct time... then in Invigorator, specify that precomp as a layer map (give it a number). Then make a material that includes the layer map number as its texture.

You will be able to see through the rectangle if the precomp includes text on no background.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

henry199
on Mar 19, 2007 at 2:51:29 am

Thank you - this worked perfectly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]