ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

amimate a ribbon

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
hig116amimate a ribbon
by on Feb 7, 2007 at 5:45:00 pm

I am wanting to have a ribbon fly arond in a project. Is there anyway to do this in proanimator?

Thanks,
Keith

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: amimate a ribbon
by on Feb 7, 2007 at 7:11:21 pm

Hi Keith.

Yes you can. The answer is layer mapping. Build an Illustrator document where each layer represents a frame of the animation... create a line that represents the edge of the ribbon... use the tween tool or manually create different versions, like stop-motion animation.

In PA, extrude the line to give the ribbon thickness.

Doe this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

hig116Re: amimate a ribbon
by on Feb 7, 2007 at 7:33:32 pm

Well it does, but this sounds time consuming. It's a 6 second animation, which would be 180 frames. So that would be a lot to create.

Thanks for the help,
Keith

Return to posts index

ae4lifeRe: amimate a ribbon
by on Feb 9, 2007 at 6:02:54 pm

well, as im learning good animation takes time. i used to want things done now and done quick, but it ALL takes time. i started to realize the amount of work people did for just small animations. DREAM BIG but get ready to WORK HARD. you learn along the way and its worth it. i went within a year to not knowing a thing about flash and trial and error ive now designed 4 sites completely in flash. it wasnt easy, im not a pro but it was fun and i get better and better.

Return to posts index

SergeRe: amimate a ribbon
by on Feb 10, 2007 at 4:26:32 am

Hi,

Like ae4life said, good animations take time. You may also want to check the film strip tutorial.

Salut.
Serge

"InvigoMany" On sale here:http://www.nyc-visual.com

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: amimate a ribbon
by on Feb 10, 2007 at 3:22:21 pm

Absolutely, Serge..

One correction to my original post... I wrote layer mapping... I meant layer cycling. I don't think anyone was confused, but these are two very different techniques.

Jon

Return to posts index

hig116Re: amimate a ribbon
by on Feb 14, 2007 at 5:39:49 pm

Thanks everyone. I understand good animation takes time. Unfortunately this project doesn't allow that time. This was just an extra that I wanted to add if it could be done quick.

Again, thanks,
Keith

Return to posts index

ae4lifeRe: amimate a ribbon
by on Feb 16, 2007 at 12:23:09 am

maybe you could by an animation from istockphoto.com just a thought

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]