ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Help with 3d text reflection...

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh J. Johnson
Help with 3d text reflection...
on Jan 25, 2007 at 4:48:24 pm

I'm following this http://forums.creativecow.net/cgi-bin/new_page_wrapper.cgi?forumid=41&page=...

When I turn on use comp camera in AE and I move my cursor on the timeline my text stays in one spot? it doesnt stay in frame like my 2d text did? It's not because I have 3d layer turned off right? John says to turn it off.

Return to posts index

Josh J. Johnson
Re: Help with 3d text reflection...
on Jan 25, 2007 at 8:13:18 pm

It seems as if my camera isn't associated with my text.

Return to posts index

Josh J. Johnson
on Jan 25, 2007 at 8:29:04 pm

Is it becasue I dont have Invigorator I just have proanimator? Otherwise I don't get it.

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Jan 26, 2007 at 1:52:02 am

Hi Josh,

The example was done in Invigorator, but ProAnimator can work too, so long as you abide by the basic rules about animated objects from each copy of the effect not crossing the eachother.

If you want, send me your project file and I can take a look at it.

jokerstrom1 (at) mac.com.

Jon

Return to posts index

Josh J. Johnson
on Jan 26, 2007 at 3:36:57 pm

I sent you my project my email is johnsonjosh23@hotmail.com. My main problem is having my computer cameras follow my 3d text and having my 3d text in the z-axis since you said not to turn on the 3d check box in AE. Thank you very much for taking a look at it!

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Jan 27, 2007 at 2:14:16 am

Josh,

When you tell ProAnimator to use the comp camera, it works when that camera is the active view. When you're using another view, you won't see the movement you may expect.

Hope this helps.

Jon

Return to posts index

Josh J. Johnson
on Jan 27, 2007 at 3:22:07 am

Pretty sure the camera is active view...I'll have to double check it. I sent you my project file.

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Jan 27, 2007 at 6:42:19 am

Hi Josh,

You have two cameras in there -- not sure why. If I get a chance, I'll work up a PA version of my reflection project to see if that helps.

Jon

Return to posts index

Josh J. Johnson
on Jan 27, 2007 at 9:55:17 pm

I'll have to check it out monday at work I don't have a computer set up at home yet but I do have all the software just looking for a good computer. That is probally the problem the two cameras. Thank You, if you have time for pa that is fine if not it is ok.

Josh Johnson
Manager of Video Production
ETC, Inc.

Return to posts index

Josh J. Johnson
on Jan 31, 2007 at 4:32:35 pm

Just wanted to say thanks for all your help Jon. I'm having a problem now where my text seems to actually move as my camera does? I sent you an email with my ae project attached if you get time to look at it. Thank You

Return to posts index

Josh J. Johnson
on Jan 31, 2007 at 10:08:58 pm

I figured it out :).

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Feb 1, 2007 at 1:58:19 am

Glad you figured it out. I sent an example project to you with PA rather than Invigorator.

Some general tips: It's important that you set up both PA layers on the front view, then click the use comp camera option. Otherwise, it's just too hard to keep track of what's happening. Also be very aware of keeping the movement of the layers from intersecting. The simplest way is to keep the movement in the one half of 3D space.. above the zero line for the normal layer and below it for the reflection layer.

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]