ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Spiked out AI file and unreadable CS2 file

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul WhishawSpiked out AI file and unreadable CS2 file
by on Jan 24, 2007 at 6:57:27 am

I have been out of touch with AE and Zax for the last little while. I created a file in AI CS that contains a small O. Every time I open the file in Zax the O is all crazy in the Zax window. Spiked out like mad even though I crank the spike buster. I'm not so familiar with CS so I asked a friend to look at my file. He tried to tweak it and saved it and AE won't recognize it at all. He has CS2. I'm running on a Dual 1GHz in AE 6.5 pro (Zax Classic).

I'm a fair bit frustrated by all this. I used AI 9 for ages and cranked stuff out and now I just get a headache.

Return to posts index

tebes83Re: Spiked out AI file and unreadable CS2 file
by on Jan 24, 2007 at 12:45:42 pm

Make sure you dont save the ai file with any compression that can cause dramas with it opening and thats new in cs2 compared to v9 . As for the spikes, not sure mate...

""Hurry up and render!!!"

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: Spiked out AI file and unreadable CS2 file
by on Jan 24, 2007 at 1:30:29 pm

Paul,

Send me the file. jokerstrom1 (at) mac.com.

Jon

Return to posts index

Paul WhishawRe: Spiked out AI file and unreadable CS2 file
by on Jan 25, 2007 at 3:18:45 am

thanks Jon,

I sent you some files in the mail and a rundown of some problems.

Here they are for all to see:

New development. I installed AE 6.5 on my Intel laptop (hope you're a Mac guy) with Zax 3.0.1.

On import it asks me to select a file and I can select from an eps or an AI file (8 or earlier). So neither of my .ai files are even recognized and when I try to bring in the .eps files they apparently have no recognizable vectors. Take your pick.

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 25, 2007 at 3:56:48 am

Paul,

I sent back a couple of files.. including a legacy Illustrator 8 verison (use the export command from CS to do this.)

I also changed your artwork to filled solids and eliminated the strokes... you don't need them.

The clipping mask on at least one of your files was also not needed.

Let me know if the files work... good luck.

Jon

Return to posts index

by on Jan 25, 2007 at 5:29:26 am

Awesome. The file worked great except I can't get an image in my SetUp Window. I was useing Zax 3.0.1 and tried 3.1.2 and am about to try 4 something. So user error all over the board. I'll let you know if I can crack my own case.

Thanks for sorting out AI file.

Cheers.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 25, 2007 at 1:45:30 pm

Hi Paul,

First some clarification based on the emails you sent me:

When you use Invigorator, you don't "apply" Invigorator to the Illustrator file in AE.

Create a comp-sized solid and apply Invigorator to that. When you launch Invigorator from the effects control panel, choose "open Illustrator file" be sure to leave "move objects to center" This should make your art show up in the center of the preview window, as well as in the center of AE's window.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

by on Jan 25, 2007 at 7:22:04 pm

My response from Zaxwerks. Guess I have to track down an older computer.

>Hi Paul,

If this is on an Intel Mac, then the Zaxwerks plug-ins for AfterEffects will not run properly under the Mac OS. If you boot up under Windows, or run it on a different computer, then the 3.1.2 version should work fine.

--
Kind Regards,
Jeremy Taylor
Zaxwerks, Inc. Customer Service

Return to posts index

by on Jan 26, 2007 at 7:26:31 am

For anyone following this thread anf for Jon (thank you very much), Zax does not work on an intel mac.

It does work on Power PC though and since Jon has sorted me out I am back in business.

Thanks all.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]