ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

ProAnimator on Mac Pro or Intel Macs?

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bughuntrProAnimator on Mac Pro or Intel Macs?
by on Jan 22, 2007 at 12:35:23 am

Has anyone had success running ProAnimator (4.02) on a Mac Pro, MacBook Pro or Intel based Mac?

I have both a Mac Pro (Dual 2.66 Dual Core with 3GB RAM and NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT with 256MB), and a MacBook Pro (2.33 Core 2 Duo with 2GB RAM and ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 with 256MB), and can't seem to get ProAnimator to run properly on either system.

The software seems to launch normally. But once the software is up and running I can't see anything in the 3D Scene Preview window, nada, zip zilch. I know that models and/or 3D text are there because I can hit the "Render Frame" button, and get a rendered image of the text or model.

But because I can't see anything in the main Scene Preview window, the software for all intensive purposes is currently unusable. There just isn't any good way to interact with the 3D window or preview any animations.

I was using the program on my G4 Powerbook. But it died, and I had to replace it with a MacBook Pro. I no longer have a non-Intel based Mac that I can run ProAnimator on.

Any suggestions or known workarounds would be wonderful. I love using ProAnimator for projects, but if I can't get it to work in the near term (next two weeks) I will have to move on to other solutions for my projects. That would be a bummer.

Thanks!

- bughuntr

Return to posts index

hig116Re: ProAnimator on Mac Pro or Intel Macs?
by on Jan 22, 2007 at 2:56:44 am

I may have had a similar problem, but not on an Intel Mac. My problem was solved by making sure that all windows were docked. If any one of the windows wasn't docked the ProAnimator window was white and unusable.

Hope this works,
Keith

Return to posts index

Matt RhodesRe: ProAnimator on Mac Pro or Intel Macs?
by on Jan 22, 2007 at 3:16:03 pm

Hi bughuntr.

I'd suggest you update to the latest version of ProAnimator (4.1) on the
Zaxwerks web site. Updating will likely solve your problems.

http://www.zaxwerks.com/download

Let us know if this works for you.

Thanks.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]