ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Problem with ProAnimator AE plugin & Importer plugin

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rremdeProblem with ProAnimator AE plugin & Importer plugin
by on Jan 16, 2007 at 10:34:21 pm

I'm having 2 issues with the ProAnimator plugin.

The first is the apparant freeze when I try to use the PA plugin in AE7. I will apply the effect to a solid, and go to edit. The two PA panes come up with the grid stage visible, and nothing else (white screen). If I tab or click into another application (or finder), and go back to AE, the panes redraw correctly. In order to get the panes to update for any action, I have to leave the AE application and go back in order to get the frames to redraw. Naturally, this gets kinda annoying pretty quickly. I've tried trashing prefs, restarting, to no avail. Any ideas?

Second, when I go to import a PA file into an AE project, the camera and object path are imported, but not the object itself (i.e. a text or illustrator object). All I get is a blue solid with the dimensions of the original object. Is that what I should expect? I presume the next step would be to import an object using the PA plugin on the object layer....see frustration above.....

BTW, I'm on a dual 2.3 G5 with the Radeon 9600 running 2 20" cinema displays, 5gig ram.
TIA
Robin

Return to posts index

Matt RhodesRe: Problem with ProAnimator AE plugin & Importer plugin
by on Jan 16, 2007 at 10:42:29 pm

Hi Robin.

Can you tell me which OS you're using?

Other users have seen this problem.

Also, please update to the latest version of ProAnimator, v4.1.
http://zaxwerks.com/download

Thanks.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

rremdeRe: Problem with ProAnimator AE plugin & Importer plugin
by on Jan 16, 2007 at 10:54:47 pm

Sorry, I'm on 10.4.8. I am using the current version (downloaded & purchased it last night, as a matter of fact). I've been using invigorator pro for some time now, but I really like the preview and render speed of the standalone.

BTW, I love the product!
Robin

Return to posts index

Hig116Re: Problem with ProAnimator AE plugin & Importer plugin
by on Jan 18, 2007 at 10:10:52 pm

I am having the exact same problem.

I just purchased and installed. I am using OSX10.4.8 dual 2.5 with 5.5g ram.

Any solutions?

Keith

Return to posts index

by on Jan 19, 2007 at 5:04:25 pm

Hi Keith.

Are you running dual monitors as well?

I'm still trying to duplicate the problem on my end.

Thanks a lot.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 19, 2007 at 5:20:51 pm

Matt,
I don't know if any of this info will help, but my AE version is 7.0.1.13, and I'm using QuickTime 7.1.3. Are there any other helper apps that we can check version numbers on to help nail this down for you? Another small thing, as I mentioned in my first post, AE doesn't actually freeze, but the PA panes don't appear to load. It doesn't just look like a screen refresh problem, as the button hotspots (i.e. the cancel button) aren't active either (hence the apparant freeze - there isn't a way to get out of the screen). BUT, if you leave the AE application and return (not quit, but tab to another app, and return to AE), the screen draws, and everything works.

(I'm restating, 'cause I'm not sure I was clear in my first post)

Robin

Return to posts index

by on Jan 19, 2007 at 5:58:34 pm

Keith - does Robin's description of the problem sound like what you're experiencing?

Thanks.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 25, 2007 at 5:47:04 pm

Matt,
Any word on this?

Robin

Return to posts index

by on Jan 19, 2007 at 8:12:55 pm

Matt,
I just realized something - I am also running a BlackMagic SD PCI card, which is a video output card. It doesn't list as a display in my System Profiler, but it DOES show as a third 720x480 screen in my System Preferences. So I am running 3 displays, with one driven off of its own card.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]