ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

AE and Pro-Animator

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
richardAE and Pro-Animator
by on Jan 11, 2007 at 10:47:28 pm

As a Combustion user I decided that I had to add AE to my toolset as so many plug-ins are not supported in Combustion on the Mac. As I am still new to AE, I wanted to take advantage of the plug-in for Pro-animator. I have an existing Pro-animator project I have built that I want to use in AE. However, this does not seem possible. I am dissapointed that I will need to rebuild things to use the two (unless there is a workaround). I was hoping I could just bring in my model and use the comp camera to animate it with other plug-ins.

Richard

Return to posts index

richardRe: AE and Pro-Animator
by on Jan 11, 2007 at 11:44:36 pm

I found that if I exported the Pro-Animator project as a zxo 3d object, I could import it to AE that way. Now I feel like and idiot !

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: AE and Pro-Animator
by on Jan 12, 2007 at 2:04:25 am

Hi Richard,

You can use ProAnimator projects created in the standalone version inside of AE very simply.

In AE, apply the ProAnimator effect to a solid. When you click on the effect panel, choose "create a new scene." Then, when PA opens up, simply open the existing standalone scene.

Everything will work as it did when you built it, but you can alter your materials to include animated image, bump and transparency maps.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

richardRe: AE and Pro-Animator
by on Jan 12, 2007 at 5:14:04 pm

Thanks, very much Jon. I expected the intial PA window to have this option and missed it the first time. If I import more objects, I take it that this won't tax AE too much. Incidentally,I was wondering how PA differs with its integration with AE from a Cinema 4d (which I don't own, as I chose PA instead ) ?

Cheers, Richard

Return to posts index

by on Jan 13, 2007 at 1:23:27 am

Hi Richard,

I'm not famiar enough with C4D to go into detail, but both apps do play well together. Both can use comp lights and the comp camera. Cinema's modeling tools are broader, but the learning curve is a lot steeper. You can do a more in-depth comparison by visiting the websites from both companies.

I may be biased, but no one can touch ProAnmator's behavioral animation tools. If you're looking for the fastest, easiest way to create cool and complex animation of logos and text, PA is by far the best choice.

Jon

Return to posts index

brngthepain13Re: AE and Pro-Animator
by on Feb 4, 2007 at 9:56:27 pm

hey guys sorry i am new to the posting thing what i am needing to know is how do i export from proanimator to After Effects and still maintain a see through back ground so that my image is still there

Return to posts index

by on Feb 5, 2007 at 1:08:27 am

Hi brngthepain,

Be sure your output settings use a codec that supports an alpha channel. Animation with Millions+ is the most common because it doesn't cause any compression artifacts.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

brngthepain13Re: AE and Pro-Animator
by on Feb 5, 2007 at 2:31:25 pm

thank you for reply to my post and it worked so agian thank you now i can finish this project

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]