ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Vector file not recognized in Pro animator

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mykey38Vector file not recognized in Pro animator
by on Jan 10, 2007 at 3:04:43 am

Hello All,
I have a file that was a .bmp file and I have adobe illustrator CS2 and used the trace feature and then expand so it would make it have vector points. I then saved the file as an illustrator file but when i open animator it says there is no usable vector file available. I made sure when i converted it that i used the outline function in illustrator. Any ideas? I am new to illustrator so I could be missing something.

Thanks,

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: Vector file not recognized in Pro animator
by on Jan 10, 2007 at 5:28:31 am

Hi MyKey,

Two suggestions: When you save your Illustrator file, you can leave pdf compatible checked, but must uncheck the use compression option.

Also, you can expect to do some clean-up with autotraced files. The automated process often creates more points than necessary as well as twisted control handles that can results in spikes when you convert the art to a 3D model.

Jon

Return to posts index

mykey38Re: Vector file not recognized in Pro animator
by on Jan 10, 2007 at 12:18:01 pm

Hi Jon, I was leaving the compression option checked. I am not familiar with the cleanup process. What I have is a map of the state of West Virginia. I think there may be a lot of control handles because the model has a lot of curves. I wonder if smoothing out the curves will help? Thanks for your help..

Return to posts index

by on Jan 10, 2007 at 2:11:02 pm

Hi.

Invigorator and ProAnimator like filled solid shapes. Sometimes using autotrace causes unusual compound paths that don't seem to work right -- there's a thread about this from recent weeks. If you want, send me the file and I'll take a look at it.

jokerstrom 1 (at) mac.com

Jon

Return to posts index

by on Jan 11, 2007 at 1:41:24 am

ok.. well i figured out the hand tracing part but for some reason when i pull it into pro animator the file is reveresed. its like the outline is inverted as if it were cut out around my shape. I tried using white as a fill line but no luck. What am i missing?

Return to posts index

by on Jan 11, 2007 at 1:44:03 am

MyKee,

My guess is that Illustrator traced around the edge of the artwork and filled it with white. It's probably created a compound path as a result. Go to the View menu>Outline and you'll see all the paths the autotrace created without any colors... that'll make it easy to spot.

Remove that outer box and you should be good to go.

Let us know if this works.

Jon

Return to posts index

by on Jan 11, 2007 at 5:45:31 am

Jon,

Thanks for your help! I got it working. You were right, it was tracing an outline around my drawing for some reason. I was able to manually trace it and get it working. Thanks again!

Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]