ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Newbie question: create one object with 2 different front colors

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sersn69Newbie question: create one object with 2 different front colors
by on Dec 18, 2006 at 8:23:03 pm

Ivigorator Pro 4 Plugin in After Effects 7

Hi there!

I'm new to the Invigorator, so: if this is a stupid question: sorry!! :-)

Imagine a square seen from the front. I want to give the square two different colors. Like - the upper half red und the lower half green. I don't want to do it with 2 shapes - cause if I use "edges" on the 2 shapes, I have an "edge" not only on the outer edges, but also as a horizontal edge in the middle of my square.

Any idea?

Really thanks for help!

jan

Return to posts index

kurt murphyRe: Newbie question: create one object with 2 different front colors
by on Dec 18, 2006 at 10:59:21 pm

Make the square in Photoshop with the colors that you want. Save it as an uncompressed pict or TIF file. When you assign a front color to the square in Invig, double-click the upper chip (next to Highlight Sharpness) and call up the pict image (make sure that the image is large enough so it doesn't tear if you zoom into it). You WON'T be able to see the colors in AE unless you have Best Quality (instead of Draft) for the Invig layer.

Hope this helps,

kurt murphy

Return to posts index

pixelmeisterRe: Newbie question: create one object with 2 different front colors
by on Dec 20, 2006 at 4:01:27 pm

Hi,
you also could make the shape with the 2 colors in AE, using the "RAMP" effect. Create a solid and apply the ramp effect to your shape, assign your two colors and use the crosshair to set where you want the 2nd color to start. That will give you a sharp edge between the two colors, so it's not fading between them.

cheers!
Adi

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]