ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Several solids with invig to make a 3D book animatable model in AE

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
arnohoSeveral solids with invig to make a 3D book animatable model in AE
by on Nov 28, 2006 at 1:37:13 pm

Hello Zax gang!!

I'm an editor trying to do some 3D for a wedding video project.
I need to make a 3d book model fly into the screen, then open and flip some pages.
I know Serge has done a great project example for this matter but I'd like to use
Invig to give some reall thickness to the cover and get more rounded edges.
So I was able to import cool looking 3DS models in Invig, I can fly them all around interact with AE lights
and cameras, it's great but... I can't make this 3D book open nor give the illusion of having pages in there that could flip.

So my question is this. If I cut the book in 2 pieces in a 3D program and import the book in 2 halves in AE.
Can I make 2 solids with Invig and import the book in 2 pieces to reassemble them?
That would help me to make the book opening animation (I guess we could set a pivot point somehow to coordinate the two pieces)

Now if this works I will still be left with the problem of having individual pages in the book after it has opened and even more complex will be the 'flipping' aspect... But at least it will be a start.
Maybe the invidual pages can also be other solides with invig?

Thanks for your help InviGurus!!

Arno

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: Several solids with invig to make a 3D book animatable model in AE
by on Nov 28, 2006 at 1:54:59 pm

Hi Amo,

You could split the book model apart and import the pieces into one Invigorator scene to animate.

Personally, I'd build the entire book using Illustrator and Invigorator. Doing so gives you more flexibiity in applying materials.

You could use simple planes for pages, but they wouldn't warp like paper does. If you can deal with that, you should be good to go.

One last tip - I wouldn't fly the book then open it. Keeping the pieces coordinated during the flight would be a pain. Instead, I'd limit the set animations to the book opening and pages turning. Instead, fly the camera to make it look like the book is flying. It's a lot simpler.

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]